We conservatives keep arguing , “We are a nation of laws.” I now think that is wrong. Or at least not accurate. For quite a while we have really been “a nation of whatever Judge Judy thinks the law the says.” But we must remember that the Stamp Act, which riled our forefathers to revolution, was also a “law.” So it ain’t just ANY law that guides us or that we will abide by. It is “just” laws. RIGHTEOUS laws. Reverend Martin Luther King said it most eloquently:
“A just law is a man made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law.“
- Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr.
(Letters from Birmingham jail.)
This, of course, leads to the question: “What is JUST?” A progressive will tell you that it is “just” to make sure the poorest among us are taken care of. This Facebook post on the PolitiJim page is a great example. They are complaining about the comparison of ObamaCare to the NAZI regime acts - both administrations that pushed for universal healthcare, gun control, and government “death panels” which have been proven to exist in the PPACA. Even Robert Reich admits it. But they are incensed at the comparison:
Ron Shelby I'm not sure where innocent ignorance begins and absurd stupidity ends, but cartoons like this do sit on that boundary. Why the USA would want to remain with China as the only two large economies without healthcare for their people is a mystery.
Oddly, conservatives are more likely to actually demonstrate this in their personal behavior since they give a far greater portion of their PERSONAL income to charity than those liberals who claim compassion. A conservative will tell you it is JUST for an individual to not have the fruits of their labor forcefully stolen from them to give to others. Then there is the whole matter of how government welfare actually makes people poorer in both economic condition and that of their soul. You would think the raw numbers of history would be enough to prove this since there are MORE PEOPLE in poverty since the “War on Poverty” began. Dan Mitchell has a brilliant article on this with multiple links supporting this with raw economic data.
And of course, when confronted with these facts (including the admission by extreme leftist liberal Robert Reich that Universal Healthcare makes the young pay more, kills technology innovation and shortens the life of our seniors), they respond with this brilliant retort:
Brett Gow "PolitiJim" - please keep your personal and offensive comments to yourself.
Odd, Mr. Gow had no problem freely offering HIS COMMENTS on the PolitiJim page that started the exchange. But I’m not allowed to keep commenting ON MY OWN PAGE!?? My response:
PolitiJim LOL - just like a liberal. Suppressing Free Speech. Oh wait. That would be just a German National Socialist circa 1935.... No I will not. And I won't let idiots like you get by with destroying this country. (And don't forget moron, YOU commented first....) idiot.
(I’ve really got to work on that whole Christian gracious speech thing.) I apologize to them both for the words “idiot” and “moron.” (No doubt I’ll now hear from the idiots and moron who are insulted for being compared to Mr Gow and Mr. Shelby.) It’s just that I’m not taking the unsubstantiated condescension of liberals lying down anymore. The bible says, “answer a fool according to his ways lest he be wise in his own eyes.” If they venture unto MY blog or Facebook page to insult me and my intelligent – they will pay for it by being summarily spanked with appropriate scorn since our politeness has gotten us no where with them. We let the left mock and make fun of the real values and fact, and like Al-Queda they keep attacking because there is no consequence.
Nevertheless, these affluent, middle aged men are grossly ignorant of both the values of our Constitution as well as history. This is what we are up against. It’s called ignorance and self-entitlement.
What is “just” to one man is “offensive” to another. And only the side in power gets to decide. We laid the groundwork in our article The Solutions to a Judiciary Out of Control about why we shouldn’t accept the Roberts ruling ala Thomas Jefferson who called such complicity to 9 unelected government employees as “absurdity.” The point of this is that “the People” are ALWAYS the interpreters of the Constitution. Not the President, not the Congress and sure as hell, not the Supreme Court.
Kelly O’Connell has a wonderful article on the genesis of what are “right” laws on Canada Free Press today. Students of history know our forefathers didn’t arbitrarily pull ideas together for our Constitution on what their personal politics dictated of the day. It was a very careful study of what concepts and philosophies were conducive to self-government and prosperity – as well as those of a “good” God. It’s why our Founders said in the preamble that these ideas came from the Almighty and were “self-evident.” Jefferson himself said:
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
But Obama and his oligarchy are trying to use our “law abiding” nature to enslave us. He actively RECRUITS people to go on food stamps, not just knowing it will enslave a generation, but that it will also feel like an obligation to those of us tax paying patriots who will not shirk our legal responsibilities. Like Brett Kimberlin, he is using the legal system as a weapon. And what say our forefathers about this?
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it."
- Abraham Lincoln
The colonial founders felt that they had a biblical basis to resist tyranny, albeit after patiently trying everything else. They knew that force would be the only thing that would ultimately protect their freedoms. Like us, the early Americans weren’t anxious to jump off and fight with a slowly tightening hold on their liberty. Even the British parliamentarians noted it.
But there IS a point where we are MORALLY justified to resist a government that is wrongly interpreting our Constitution. Eerily, the Obama administration IMMEDIATELY set forth regulations and interpretations to every available law enforcement entity to broadly define a “threat” to America as a threat to GOVERNMENT – not to the Constitution. Why? Because they now are the government. They will play the “law” or Constitution card only when it suits their selfish ambition – not based on inherent truth. (How great is that for dishonest political leaders when a complicit electorate and media – much less a conservative media – continues to enslave themselves to ideas of legislative and judicial meaning that has no weight of “truth” but only what men say? This is why Hugh Hewitt, George Will and Krauthammer need to be shamed immediately – and thoroughly.)
Let’s take a quick review of where we are as a nation and ask, “Are we there yet?”
- The current President has usurped the normal protections of our Republican system to enslave the American people to further socialism via Food Stamps, tyrannical regulation and unconstitutional powers, none which are approved by the people or their Representatives in Congress.
- We have absolute proof that Obama has used deceitful and illegal campaign donations and tactics to beat Hillary in the 2008 primary as well as most of his earlier races. Their campaign is not only actively engaged in both donor and voter fraud far worse than their exploits in 2008, including using the government to attack honest states from cleaning up dead people from voter rolls.
- We still have no idea who Barack Barry Hussein Soreto Obama truly is with his continued refusal to show original copies of his birth certificate, or selective service registration, as well as ANY record of his passports, Illinois Bar records, Illinois State Senate records, Illinois State Senate schedule, Occidental College records, Columbia records, Harvard records, K-12 records and immigration records, and his financial aid records for his education (Missing/Suspect Records list here.) And that isn’t even a fraction of what we don’t know.
- The single office most responsible for upholding the law in our Federal government not only disobeys subpoenas and refuses to prosecute clear injustice like the Black Panthers voter intimidation, they refuse to even investigate – much less prosecute – a case of contempt handed to them BY THE UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES. The both mainstream and conservative media just yawns or mentions it in passing as if it was nothing more than furniture being stolen from the White House, allowing the Chinese to finance our Presidential elections or simply transferring our most valuable defense secrets to China or nuclear plans to Iran. Great “conservative” law enforcing President George Bush turned out to be, right? Meanwhile no one threatens ANY action for the entire Senate which daily commits the crime of not passing a budget as required by our Constitution and law. The entire Senate should be held in contempt.
Even conservative media want to call all this “politics” which is why we are in such a mess. Only with repetition and reach do stories EDUCATE and MOTIATE an electorate to take action as it did with Watergate that took over a year and half to catch on. But a snide, condescending remark from a Limbaugh or Coulter can dampen the energy to weigh it’s merits and pay it the attention it deserves among the clutter of Michelle Obama’s dietary or travel outrages. There needs to be a reckoning with the likes of Glenn Beck who infringed on the goodwill of his audience to quash Andrew Breitbart’s Pigford scandal story and ALL conservative media on trying to silence the birther issues.
I’ve been shocked how some of my favorite conservative bloggers pass their smarm on how upset the tweeters in their timelines over this. “Slow down,” “people running around with pitchforks,” and other comments just prove that either A) you are a Constitutional illiterate, B) you are a flimsy product of the Fonzie generation more concerned with appearance than character, or C) you would have been one of those in 1774 saying, “the British aren’t all that bad. Let’s just go along to get along.” I won’t beat you up if you join us late – but it’s people like you that have not showed ENOUGH outrage to stop this years ago, much less when you let Boehner, West, Ryan and other “conservatives” cave on the budget deficit debate. Mark my words that when we win this, we will be cheering the names of Rick Santelli, Brian Terry, Ken Melson, Gerald Walpin, Sheriff Joe Arapio, Jerome Corsi, Anita Moncrief, Christian Adams, Terry Lakin, Larry Sinclair, Sarah Palin and the Tea Party 22, much like do Wilberforce, Patrick Henry or John and Samuel Adams, not you. I’m still praying that Newt Gingrich turns on his anti-corruption mojo and quits playing it safe. He is capable of being a modern day William Wallace.
But we run into the same dynamics of an overwhelming amount of information without the time to properly do all the homework ourselves to determine what is real or contrived. The John Roberts decision gives us a great opportunity since it is forefront in the news and since we have some serious media power in Limbaugh and Levin that have taken a unified stand if incense.
So let’s join them. How bad is this particular law and ruling?
1. It was passed illegally. It so hard to remember with the onslaught of the liberal Democrat crimes, but remember we actually thought we STOPPED the bill in the House on March 19th. The Senate decided they would take a completely unrelated bill and amend it with PPACA “deeming” it as passed. Well, I think we could “deem” Harry Reid as a traitor then without due process too. The entire thing is explained below with the added notion that since Roberts’ has now called it a “tax,” it is unconstitutional because it did not originate in House of Representatives.
2. Judicial anarchy. Roberts has granted himself new powers to change language in any piece of law simply be redefining it. All it now takes is a judge to cite that ability in future law (even if it is challenged) to let the liberal judiciary start taxing you if you refuse to donate to Planned Parenthood’s government efforts or even GLADD’s. As Newt Gingrich pointed out, we don’t HAVE to accept their interpretation if we ALL decide we won’t. But past Presidents pussy foot around it so that they themselves don’t look lawless – and where has that gotten us? We keep waiting for Roe vs Wade to be overturned? Why? It’s not moral, legal or constitutional to begin with. Robert’s actions are now general accepted even among some conservative lawmakers and media that won’t quickly stamp out this fire. If the “consensus” is that the only battlefield is the courts – we are now on an even more unbalanced playing field where the the referee’s can redefine the rule book in the middle of the game.
The cartoon at right is absolutely plausible now and the power to tax you can now be extended to non-financial transactions completely beyond the boundaries set forth in our Constitution.
From WJ Kopel’s conclusion is startling:
The Obama tax theory, in effect, would give Congress the power to make laws on any subject, impose a fine for noncompliance, have the IRS collect the fine, and then claim that the entire regulatory structure is part of the tax power. The result would nullify Article I of the Constitution, which carefully grants Congress 18 specific powers – and does not grant a general power to legislate on everything.
4. Death Panels. They haven’t gone away, and they never did. The 2 minute excerpt from a speech by Robert Reich entitled “What an Honest President Would Say” is amazing.
It’s actually just not death panels (via IPAB) but also the extreme limits the legislation puts on doctors, insurance companies and individuals by “mandated rationing.” It’s much more complex but here is a great explanation from Washington Free Beacon’s coverage:
To illustrate this principle, Balch used an analogy with food prices. “Imagine a situation where Congress said, ‘Whenever you go out to buy food, if the price of food has risen by ten percent next year, you’re not allowed to pay that extra ten percent to get the same food that you got this year. You’re only allowed to pay five percent more.’” Such a policy would force citizens to buy less food, or lower quality food, each year.
IPAB aims to “reduce the treatment that doctors are allowed to give to their patients.”
“That,” Balch said, “is the most massive example of rationing.” But there are two more.
Obama’s health care plan also “specifically targets senior citizens.” As citizens reach retirement age, they become eligible for Medicare. This program, which has grown tremendously in the last 50 years, is funded “by payroll taxes, which people who are currently employed pay.”
“So, in effect, it’s a transfer,” Balch explained, “from currently employed people to retired people.” As more people retire, “we’re going to have less money available.”
5. Bureaucrats passing laws without Congress. HOW THIS IS NOT BEING DISCUSSED is beyond me. The CATO Institute points out that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) created the Independent Payment Advisory Board, or IPAB. When the unelected government officials on this board submit a legislative proposal to Congress, it automatically becomes law: PPACA requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services to implement it. Blocking an IPAB "proposal" requires at a minimum that the House and the Senate and the president agree on a substitute. The Board's edicts therefore can become law without congressional action, congressional approval, meaningful congressional oversight, or being subject to a presidential veto. Citizens will have no power to challenge IPAB's edicts in court.
In my opinion, every lawmaker who voted for this atrocity without reading it, and every executive branch individual that tries to enforce it, should be forced to pay for it financially or tried for treason. Too strong? Sure. That’s got us far with those who know their is penalty to their misuse of government power and intentionally weakening of this country, right? (Yes, I’m mad.)
TYRANNY, POLITICS or BAD LAW?
I haven’t touched on the new expanded police powers of the IRS, HHS, DHS and even (yes) the Agriculture Department. I am convinced that ANY SINGLE ONE OF THESE would have brought calls for “revolution” from Thomas Paine, Sam Adams or Thomas Jefferson.
"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty . . . And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
- Thomas Jefferson
(letter to William Stevens Smith, November 13, 1787)
WHAT CAN WE DO?
You might think that I’m at Walmart shopping for ammo as we speak. Not quite. I have always been in awe of how methodical our forefathers were in giving every chance to a non-violent process. Darrell Issa has been a model of prudence by not inflaming the fires of Holder’s flaunts. He made sure that the end goal was compliance, not an opportunity to bludgeon Holder or to simply make political points. And now that he has given them EVERY consideration – the gloves are off and he is risking his own safety.
1. Do not participate. Many prolife groups, realizing that they will actively be funding abortions just be BEING a US Citizen have said, “We will not comply.” PolitiJim has already signed the petition at ActsFive29.com and if I actually EARN income in the Obama economy, I’m refusing to pay the ObamaCare penalty. (The scripture references the position of the apostles who refused to comply with unjust government mandates and laws that made them chose between government and God.)
2. DO pay your OTHER taxes. Since “tax resisters” are now classified by this administration as terrorists – worthy of locking you up without even Habeas Corpus, it might not make a difference but don’t give them additional ammunition.
3. Join a Tea Party and True the Vote. True the Vote purged tens of thousands of dead and illegal persons from the Wisconsin voters rolls, which DIRECTLY made a difference in the election. With Judicial Watch, they have begun SUING states that are unwilling to comply with the laws of their state to keep the rolls accurate. They have made a difference in numerous very tight races this primary season are still are 1/3 away from their goal of 1 million trained poll watchers for November. There are a dozens of things you can do from home or what fits your lifestyle or budget. Volunteer. And also find and volunteer at your LOCAL tea party group.
4. Quit making excuses to not contact your law makers. It’s easy with every Tom, Dick and Morris sending you paid advertisements from special interest groups to “sign this petition” – but it DOES make a difference, especially in swing states where these yokels are up for election. Many say the reason we got the Holder contempt vote was because Blue Dog Democrats were to worried about their NRA score which would otherwise be downgraded. There are numerous services which can make it easy to send faxes on your behalf for a small monthly fee if you don’t want to do it yourself.
5. Influence your neighbors, co-workers and friends. The truth is on your side. I don’t recommend the PolitiJim slash and burn method, unless you find a fool that is right in his own eyes without fact IN FRONT OF OTHER PEOPLE. For instance, the poor actually do WORSE under ObamaCare now. You don’t have to be an expert to print out this PolitiJim article or memorize 3 strong points that are important to you. Forbes saying it’s the biggest tax increase in history is a good one. And don’t just TAKE my word or anyone else’s word. Learn enough about those 3 points to defend them. Go look at how I took the liberal argument on the Facebook melee at the top to attack their very assumption – that it was compassionate. The amazingly wonderful Legal Insurrection has a paper out this weekend on why liberals “tick.” Essentially, it’s all about their self-esteem by “looking” important rather than acting on principle. So arguing “it’s not in the Constitution” won’t mean anything to them. What WILL mean something to them is looking foolish with their Birkenstock benevolence beliefs as the liberals like Jon Stewart try to do to us. Think more indirect “Columbo” questioning that a pugnacious PolitiJim.
6. Work your tushey off (and wallet) for a Tea Party candidate in local law enforcement, local city council and school boards, state positions and of course, our US Senate especially. George Soros understood it isn’t just the high profile offices that make a difference. Al Franken was allowed to have 1,000 inmates make the difference in getting elected because Soros funded a corrupt Secretary of State way before this election took place. (Go Google the “Soros Secretary of State Program”). Franken was one of 60 who passed ObamaCare. I bet the residents of Illinois may also wish they had taken that state Senate race Obama won a little more seriously too. Take it from a Chicago Cubs fan. You are only as successful as your farm organization. (In Texas do EVERYTHING you can to get Ted Cruz elected in the runoff over the lying scumbag super-RINO David Dewhurst.)
7. Push for new laws and amendments like:
- Judges can only send problems back to the legislature to clarify language that fits with their findings RATHER THAN their findings being implemented as law.
- Every candidate for office must prove they are eligible and disclose all financial donations (maybe even equipping the Federal Election board that must process the funds.)
- Legislation for Congress men and women against using insider information, creating separate laws/benefits than what applies to all Americans, and against provable slander or libel in their campaign ads. I’d throw in penalties for misleading the American people when communicating by ANY taxpayer funded vehicle why they are on the payroll of We the People.
- Liability for Congress people who pass laws that put the country at economic or sovereignty risk.
- New Amendment that ANY CHANGES made to ANY LEGISLATION have to be RE-PASSED by the entire Congressional body – not just massaged in “resolution the House and Senate committees.”
- Not just allow Voter ID, but put stiff penalties for those in the Executive Branch that will not enforce the law.
I’m not saying these are all good or well thought through – I’m saying we need to start closing the “holes” that intentionally dishonest, corrupt and treasonous politicians can take advantage of. I really don’t want to have to start with an entirely new Constitution!
The goal is to RESIST the tyranny patriots in an intellectual and calculated way.
…in the time of Martin Luther King jr. (especially before that time though) the Supreme Court did not fully fulfil its duties. It did not fulfil its responsibility. The laws, for instance, that were in favor of segregation were clearly unconstitutional and thus unmoral and thus unjust. However; segregation existed for decades and decades.
In other words: In this constitutional democracy every branch who should defend the ‘constitutional’ part of the expression failed in the responsibility.
And I wish I didn’t have to say it – but start getting prepared for the worst. Jefferson and our Founders felt that the right to use force for liberty was so important, it came right after a freedom to worship God, and the freedom to speak your thoughts. Learn how to defend yourself and network with your local law enforcement so that THEY are educated on what is going on.
As a former spokesman for the Michigan GOP put it this way after emphasizing restraint:
“You can’t have people walking with lattes and signs and think the object of your opposition is going to take you seriously,” Davis said. “Armed rebellion is the end point of that physical confrontation.”
From The Heritage Foundation
The Case Against Obamacare
Introduction: Repealing Obamacare and Getting Health Care Right