A Christian Pastor proclaims, “Santorum is from God” in an article advocating that is the sole reason to vote for him over Mitt Romney.
Does God want Americans to vote for a specific presidential candidate? Pastor Steven Andrew believes so. He says, “Rick Santorum is from God, and will win with Christians and Catholics uniting for Santorum.”
He understands some prefer Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich, but believes they can’t be nominated. He says, “There is only one Christian left in the race for President–Santorum.”
Here is the ridiculous “I’m voting for Rick because he’s a Christian” argument. The most important job in this country (and at this time) will be chosen because someone TALKS about their faith in Christ.
Did God not use Cyrus to bless Israel? How about the Roman empire that facilitated the spread of the gospel due to their engineering of highways and trade that would not have been possible even a few hundred years earlier. Why didn’t he use a Jewish nation to engineer aqueducts and highway systems?
Should we choose our surgeon, home builder, or butcher whether they believe in Jesus and not based upon HOW GOOD THEY ARE AT THEIR JOB?
Perhaps this is why God separated becoming a new creature SPIRITUALLY from the “renewal of the mind.” Pastor Steven may be going to heaven, but forgive me if I don’t put the hands of the nation into a Senator who as #3 Senate Leader ran up nearly $1 Trillion of debt, lost both houses of Congress, actually angered Pennsylvania Leaders and Christians so much THEY wanted to get rid of him and who compromised his principles that resulted in ObamaCare and unborn children being killed TODAY in Pennsylvania.
God said, “my people perish for lack of knowledge.” These are the same people that told us that Jimmy Carter would be a great President because he was a born-again Christian that taught bible study.
My response to this Pastor who might want to stick to teaching the Gospel was posted as follows:
Wow. Never let it be said that there aren't Christians willing to do the EXACT same things the unsaved heathen will do for Barack Obama. Like covering over egregious and unrepentant sins of their own candidate.
Rick Santorum is NOT "from God." Moreover, this pastor is quite ignorant of both the ungodly behavior of Rick Santorum or the mechanics of politics.
I am not against him as a fellow Christian - but am as one who is the equivalent of the Richard Nixon of conservatives and Christians. I support my assertion with documented facts:
1. - "if Catholics and Christians unite" won't happen. He is a very poor Catholic to hear some tell it.[PJ add] (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/rick-santorum-the-cherry-picking-catholic/2012/03/22/gIQAQb6oTS_story.html
http://www.standfirminfaith.com/index.php/sf/page/28573#479555) and himself forced Catholic Hospitals to dispense contraception (www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/10930-santorums-contradictions-a-record-of-forcing-catholics-to-pay-for-contraceptio )
2. - Not only has he betrayed ProLife causes consistently throughout his career for politics, he LIES about when he did. (http://www.politijim.com/2012/03/pro-life-slutss-for-santorum-part-2.html) He wouldn't stop funding for Planned Parenthood through Global One fund, he undercut prolife conservatives running for office, he not only endorsed BUT CAMPAIGNED FOR pro-partial-birth-abortion advocate Christine Todd Whitman, he voted FOR Sotomayor when Rush Limbaugh and others came out against her and voted WITH the Democrats to put her on the court, he denies his OWN testimony and that of his family that he was at one time pro-choice. I will grant you that he has been better than most on actual VOTES, but on issues like appointments and in being fully for prolife issues - he is WORSE than a charlatan. It's not that he has problems in his record. IT IS THAT HE LIES ABOUT THEM.
3. He is a terrible "big government" Republican willing to use government to achieve whatever it suits him. He has made it impossible for non-union companies to compete for government programs and even had to be shut down by Gingrich because his draft of Welfare Reform EXPANDED welfare instead of reformed it. (http://www.politijim.com/2012/03/principled-slutss-for-santorum-part-3.html) His own economic program (like Romeny's) does NOTHING to reform the tax code but keeps an ungodly progressive tax in place. And the worst is that he has blatantly sold his votes for contributions as described here: http://www.politijim.com/2012/03/wheres-aldo-and-ricks-7-obama.html
4. He has ZERO executive experience and actually has a record of getting LESS conservatives elected. The man hasn't led ANYTHING accept a charity for the poor that only gave away 12% of the money it collected. (http://www.politijim.com/2012/02/objectively-comparing-mitt-rick-and_25.html) Being someone who creates legislation doesn't make them able to do what a PRESIDENT needs to do. (And "being a Christian" doesn't qualify. It requires galvanizing people of different persuasions together to a common goal like Newt Gingrich did with Contract with America or Reagan did with Supply Side Economics. Why else did Pennsylvanians turn him out of office by record margins?
5. He is simply unelectable. (http://www.politijim.com/2012/02/objectively-comparing-mitt-rick-and.html) Not only is his theft of $100K in PA funds to homeschool his children going to come into play - the PA TEA PARTY IS ALREADY AGAINST HIM. Now if those who lived with his public persona for 12 years would kick him out by HISTORIC margins, what FACTUAL BASIS makes any sane person think the rest of America would? HE IS NOT EVEN WINNING THE PLUARALITY OF REPUBLICAN VOTERS!! His ACTUAL numbers shows an inability to reach the majority of our OWN PARTY let alone the country - http://decoded.nationaljournal.com/2012/03/santorums-narrow-slice.php And in one month he has lost 24 points in Pennsylvania - and will likely loose it to Romney. His biggest problem is his own profane mouth. He's told FOXBusiness he wants the government to regulate what goes on the bedroom. His own campaign would not retract sending out a memo saying that Michele Bachmann was ineligible to be president BECAUSE SHE WAS A WOMAN. Even if he suddenly became a different politician and could keep his mouth shut on social issues, the liberals will crucify him to the 44% of American voters who really don't know who he is yet. Thomas Sowell "wouldn't bet the rent money" that Santorum can overcome his divisive language.
6. It seems he might not even be eligible. Are Christians going to suddenly overlook the very likely possibility Santorum is not a "natural born citizen" because he is "their guy?" I pray it isn't so. http://www.politijim.com/2012/03/wheres-aldo-and-ricks-7-obama.html
This is one born again Christian that will do EVERYTHING to make sure we do not sink with a man who will RUIN THE CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN IMAGE as his lies and hypocrisies that sunk him in PA come to light. http://www.politijim.com/2012/03/slutss-for-santorum-part-1-truth.html
(End of PolitiJim comment)
With the very disheartening example of Steve Ertelt at LifeNews this week, I am now curious if Pastor Steven Andrew will approve the comment to put on his site. The snapshot of the submission of the comment can be seen here.
He has a book called, “MAKING A STRONG CHRISTIAN NATION.” I’m curious if “free speech” and listening to opposing view points are a part of that or, if like Ertelt, he will edit out what others see to push his own point.
Thank God my faith doesn’t rest in the exhibition of Christian virtue by supposed “Christian” leaders, but on the never wavering Grace of Almighty